Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Key To Her Heart

Before my daughter went back to Vermont she asked me to make a Valentine card for her boyfriend.  You now how it is...hard not to add too much fluff and girly stuff our cards.  I had several layouts that just didn't seem to work.  Anything with red I tended to add too much pink.  I had this heart image already stamped and really wanted to use it, so I went with a more vintage feel.  Not sure what's up but I seem to be on a brown kick since my mojo reappeared this past week.  Oh well. :)  I really like how this card turned out!!  The tiny envelope in the clip can be taken out, it opens, and there's a tiny little blank card inside where Shelbie can write a note.  I added the little Wild Orchid red rosebuds, because red roses symbolize love.  I think it's a decent guy card. :) 

Challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge - Let's Get Sentimental
JustRite Friday Challenge - Love Is In The Air
Craft Your Days Away #12 - Love
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 102 - Hardware

Speaking of Vermont...my daughter attends Norwich University in Northfield, VT. Yesterday morning she texted me with "I blew some bubbles and they froze". It was -23 (real temp) on campus! Thankfully she only has to be out in that brutal cold for the few minutes it takes her to get from one building to another for her classes. She also lives in campus housing, so she doesn't have to drive anywhere.



Stamps: JustRite Romantic Sentiments; unknown heart stamp
Paper:  My Mind's Eye La Paperie DP, The Paper Studio CS, HOTP
Ink: Distress Inks, Stazon
Accessories: Wild Orchid rosebuds, Key charm, Tim Holtz clip, Spellbinders, Dew Drops, MS edge punch, foam tape

11 comments:

Larisa said...

Great heart! Love this paper!

Phyllis said...

Nancy, A BIG WARM WELCOME to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! We are delighted that you have joined us!! Your card is gorgeous and I am sorry that you were signed up to late to be in the judging and drawings. The deadline is on Mondays at 5:00 p.m. PST. We will be looking for you each week with one of your beautiful creations!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Guro said...

Hi Nancy; and Welcome to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, I am so happy that you share your talent with us. And I am so happy to read that you were happy with this card, because I really love it!!! Your colors, the image, the litle envelop; really clever and elegant :-D
I really hope you will play along with us again soon.
Hugs Guro
MMSC-DT

*Vicki* said...

Wow Nancy!! This is just gorgeous!! I love your vintage style details and colors!! :)

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

This is so beautiful! I love the vintage style. Your use of the border punch is fantastic and I love the heart image. What cute itty bitty roses too! Lovely card!
So glad you could join us at MMSC.
Hope to see you again for the next challenge.
Reneé
Midnight Madness Design Team

Leslie Miller said...

This is so pretty! I love browns. The little envelope clipped on for a special note is a very nice touch. It's a perfect Valentine!

Priscilla said...

A BIG warm WELCOME to our challenges. We are thrilled you have entered. It is a joy to check out new blogs and peoples work. Love your card!! It is exceptional!! Love vintage and what a great take on the sketch. I hope you keep coming back. Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday at Flourishes!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a gorgeous vintage valentine, for a guy OR girl! LOVE that tiny little envie -- too precious!!! So glad you could play the JustRite challenge this week!

Cindy Haffner said...

So PRETTY!

Kellie Fortin said...

Thanks for participating in the JustRite Friday Challenge!!