Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Card For My Son

So here is the card that I made and gave my son. I started by embossing the green cardstock in the Cuttlebug Diamonds in the Rough folder. While it was still in the folder, I rubbed the side of a bronze crayon over the raised parts. Keeping it in the folder insures that the raised parts don't get mashed back down. After that I sponged ink over the entire surface, let it dry for a bit then went back and wiped the ink off the crayoned parts.

Used an oval Nestabilities to cut and emboss the background for the watch. The watch is from the Timeless Heritage Spellbinders die. I then ran it back through and embossed it, then sponged white ink to bring out the embossing. I stamped the sentiment with Kitchen Sink stamps. Finally, I added the brads and the twine and voila'. Didn't take long to make this one.
I wasn't overly impressed with the way it turned out, but Ty really liked it and that's what counts, right?

Stamps: Kitchen Sink.
Paper: Paper Studio, My Minds Eye.
Ink: Colorbox Queues, crayon.
Accessories: Nestabilities, Spellbinders, Cuttlebug, brads, twine.

No comments: