Friday, April 1, 2011

Midnight Madness, Shabby Tea Room

Last card this week, as we are going camping this weekend, leaving this afternoon.  Can't wait!!  Monday I start full-time hours at the law firm.  Finally!  The part-time hours were playing havoc on the savings account!  I've been at the law firm four months a 20 hours a week, and they asked me to go full-time.  Still getting used to legal side of things, considering I have worked in medical field since I was 15, but they say I'm doing a good job.  Okey dokey!

I had planned on using this "Ballerina Resting" digi image from Priscilla Styles for the Midnight Madness sketch, and when I saw that Crafty Cardmakers challenge was decoupage, this is what I came up with.  I printed the image three times, colored it with Copics.  Then I cut out the full skirt and then part of the skirt for the top layer.  I used scraps of Grunge Paper to pop the images up, as foam dots were too thick.  Added some Stickles and a few pearls for a bit of bling. 

Challenges
Midnight Madness - Sketch.
The Shabby Tea Room - Flower Palette.
ABC Challenge - R for roses.
Crafty Cardmakers - Decoupage.
Paper Romance - Bling

Stamps:  Priscilla Styles "Ballerina Resting" digi stamp.
Paper:  HOTP.
Ink:  Colorbox Queues, Distress Ink.
Accessories:  Computer, Grunge paper, Wild Orchid roses, Stickles, Sizzix leaf punch, pearls.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy! This is such a lovely & shabby card! Just love the colors and the sweet etails! that image is absolutly gorgous and the roses lovely! thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week! good luck! Hgs & Sunshine/sari

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! And have fun camping!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Beautiful card!!! I'm happy that you got full time hours!! Yeah!! have fun camping!! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, the image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge. Sue C x

Jenni said...

Beautiful card, the image is gorgeous and I love all your finishing touches. Thanks so much for playing along with the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
Jenni x

Jenni said...

Beautiful card, the image is gorgeous and I love all your finishing touches. Thanks so much for playing along with the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
Jenni x

Renee Matarese said...

Nancy, what a beautiful job you did showcasing Priscilla's gorgeous Ballerina stamp. I love your flowers and the soft colors you chose. I love the popped up section. It gives the card some extra drama...not that it needed any. Wonderful job!! Thanks for joining us again at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
~Renee
MMSC DT

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card nancy.

greetings karin

Priscilla said...

OMG OMG OMG.I love your card..Wow. Thank you so much for using my image too. I think it came out divine with your lovely coloring on it. I am so thrilled that you entered the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week.
Thanks for playing
Priscilla

marsha said...

Nancy, this is just so elegant! I love your pink and green, your coloring of Priscilla's ballerina is simply gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, hope you will come back and play again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Me, Again!
I must add you to my AOL favourites.
This is gorgeous. Wonderful colours.
Wishes
Lynne M

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Nancy - this is divine! I love the shabby feel you have given this gorgeous image by Priscilla! Beautiful colours and colouring - this is a favourite with me! Love it! We always love to see you playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - thank you for your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Nancy,
Oh this is a gorgeous card!!! And congratulations on the new job!!!
XO

Sandra P said...

What a lovely image :)

Thanks for joining PR this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

Scrapcat 1 said...

what a beautiful card I love the image and all the little details you have added just delightful.
Thanks for playing at Crafty Cardmakers

Valerie said...

Congratulations! You won the MMSC97 Remarkables Award!

CraftinGranny said...

OMG, where I have been that I've missed such gorgeous creations Nancy. I love your work and your blog. Totally awesome!!! "Hugs" Carol
ps. I'm following so I dont miss anything else.....lol

Made by Mandy said...

Ooh this is a lovely card, your flowers and leaves really add to the soft wistful feel of the design.

Good luck with going full time again :)

Many thanks for taking part in our Decoupage Spotlight over Crafty Cardmakers.

Mandy (DT member for Crafty Cardmakers)