Sunday, November 30, 2008

Stamp Simply #63 - Give Thanks

Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge this week is to create a thank you card. First off have to say a big CONGRATS to Sharon - five days ago her blog hit 1 MILLION hits! And it's already sky-rocketing to the next million. Sharon's blog is the first one I hit everyday. She has so many wonderful creations and tutorials. So THANK YOU Sharon for all your inspiration and tutorials! She is truly The Paper Queen. :)
I think I need more Kraft CS, I've been going through it like chocolate candy. I used it for the base of this card. Folded it in half and ran it through the CB with the largest Spellbinders Curved Rectangle overlapping the edge a bit so there would be a hinge. Inked the edges using a cotton circle. Used the next size smaller rectangle to cut the DP from Cosmo Cricket Fleuriste pad. I finally inked up my SU! Flores Suaves set (hi Michelle!); used the the script stamp with Chestnut Roan to stamp on the right side of the paper. The butterfly stamp "landed" with some StazOn on another piece from the Fleuriste pad, so I cut it out of there and attached it to the left side. I used JustRite stampers for the sentiment - Brayton for the block letters and Special Occasions font from another set. Set that up in the rectangular block and stamped it with Charcoal ink. Finally, added some Dew Drops (they've been calling to me from their drawer) using Diamond Glaze. I got some of this yesterday when I stumbled onto it at the scrapbook store; 35% off - Mine! Love this stuff, just have to make sure what you stick down is where you want it because there's no changing your mind once it's down. This stuff could glue a horse in place. No, I didn't try that, and it's not a suggestion. :) Won't say who this card is for, because we stalk each other on here and PCP. Hope she likes it!
Hopefully will have another post later today. Got a lot done this weekend (2 cards yesterday even-wink) with waiting to hear from Shelbie that she got back to Vermont yesterday. She flew out of Austin yesterday morning at 8, got to the campus at 3:30 our time, so it was a looooong day - up at 4:15 to head to Austin.

Stamps: Stampin Up! Flores Suaves, JustRite fonts.
Paper: Stampin Up! Kraft CS, Cosmo Cricket Fleuriste.
Ink: StazOn, Colorbox Queues.
Accessories: Spellbinders, JustRite stamper, Dew Drops, scissors.

1 comment:

6 wacky women said...

Absolutley stunning, Nancy. I just love this card!
Take care
Karen x