Sunday, March 28, 2010

Better Late Than Never

I've had this card made for over a week but Chuck was using my camera for his work so I wasn't able to get a shot of it until yesterday. I made this card for my girlfriend Deborah, who was my partner in crime while both of us were without jobs. We would meet at Dairy Queen for a Blizzard, or for lunch, or go to Enchanted Rock...Lots of fun times talking about anythind and everything. Then I got a job last summer and our meetings spread out. Deborah finally was able to find a job a couple weeks ago. I made this card as a good luck/congrats card for her. Made it following Sharon's CAS/texture challenge, clean and simple with texture.

I ran the cardstock through my CB with a new folder I got at Custom Crops. I added some Fruit Punch Stickles to the stars for a little bling. Stamped the sentiment from Crafty Secrets Glamour Girls set, cut that out with scalloped rectangle Nestabilities, inked the edges and attached. This was about a ten minute card. Took longer to pick out the colors, sentiment, etc. : ) I've made four other cards this past week, two sympathy and two get well cards, but could not post them since I didn't have my camera and they need to get mailed.

4 comments:

paperscissors said...

i love the simplicity of this design as it lets the beautiful sentiment speak for itself! friendships are to be cherished and nurtured!

Debbi said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the embossing folder you used. And the sentiment is so pretty.
*smiles*
debbi

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Nancy - how cool to have the sentiment as the focal image! I love the sentiment and I am sure your friend will too! Great colours and perfectly famed with the embossing! Love it Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Kathy Jones said...

Simply elegant! Love the embossed frame and the sentiment is lovely!!