Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rubbernecker Wacky Wednesday With a Tab

Here is my last card for catch-up this past week. This was is for Rubbernecker's Wacky Wednesday challenge. The design team members are taking turns with the challenge, and this week we were given a sketch. The image was stamped with Stazon, colored with Prismas blended with baby oil. Painted the moon with Twinkling H2O's, and added Tiara Stickles to the stars. Sentiment from Verve. Also added Stickles to some of the white dots on the DP. As a perk, Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge was to use up those little bits of ribbon by adding ribbon tabs. I had this MS ribbon left over from a previous post so it became a tab on this card. :)

Back to more job hunting this week. Me as the only bread winner and deadbeat dad not paying child support, I am close to panic mode. Wish me luck!

Stamps: Rubbernecker (Stamp Oasis) Moon Child, Verve Fairy Tales.
Paper: Basic Grey Lilikate, Hot Off the Press, SU! CS.
Ink: Stazon, Colorbox Queues.
Accessories: Stickles, Twinkling H2O's, Dew Drops, Ribbon.

18 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty and unique. I like this image, great job.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty design!! Nice image!! :) TFS!

Anonymous said...

A bit of whimsy to this one, and very nice. I like the lady in the moon.

C said...

Such a pretty image. Love that layout. Oh if I can just get the "have to dos" done so I can play some "wanna do" challenges. You do such a wonderful job inspiring us!

Anonymous said...

Your creations are fabulous and you're better off without the deadbeat - I pray God gets you over this hump and gets you a great job and you'll hardly know you have no help from the ex.
From a former struggling single mom with no help from deadbeat dad also ;-)
Wendy

Holly said...

How pretty! Love the little tab of ribbon on the side!

Anonymous said...

Alright Squirrel, you have been on your own over six years now and supported and raised those wonderful kids on your own, always without his help. You made it through cancer. You are my rock. If you panic I'll panic, and we both know how ugly that can be! Sorry for the flashback.

Oh, I came here to tell you I love this card and started ranting. I love this card. Let's go climb Enchanted Rock - sounds like we can both use it. I'll call you.

Sherry Cheever said...

Fabulous creation!

Barbara said...

So pretty and my favorite color, too! It is very magical!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Beautiful card Nancy! I really love the image, never seen it before. And the colours go so well together!
Good luck on that job hunting, Nancy!
Hugs, Yvonne.

Curt in Indy said...

Nancy, this is really a wonderful card! Exceptional detail!

Now, on to my best wishes for you. I just want you to know that I'm rooting for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you find a job soon. And not just any job, but one you love. Stay as positive as you can and hang in there. I know how tough it can be, not only financially, but mentally too. You are a wonderful person, and you deserve the best. It will come! Best, Curt

Broni said...

How pretty! That's one of my favorite stamps! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Juliana said...

Beautiful card!!
I love how you used the main image--and what you did with the two squares!!

BRILLIANT and lovely!

nessy said...

just love this ~that image is so elegant ~magical card!!
vanessa xx

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I love that image...looks gorgeous with the WW sketch!!! You did a fabulous job on this, Nancy!!! Good luck with your job hunt!!!!

Kittie said...

Nancy, this is a gorgeous and thoughtful card.

Shirley said...

How very pretty she is and the colors you chose are so wonderful with her!

Candy said...

Beautiful!!