Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My First Official Challenge...This Year!!

Wow...two posts, two consecutive days. Woohoo! : ) I had wanted to do Sharon's ssnotime120 a couple weeks back, to use something new, because I have gotten new toys. But that one slipped by, so here we are at ssnotime123--Very Vintage, and I'm actually combining the two. Three times. haha. There are three cards, all pretty much the same but different color scheme.

The whole feel to the cards is vintage (my take on it anyway). The new here is the stamp. Her name is Maribel. I first saw her on this post in September of 2008. She's not available here in the states, but long story short, it took a lot of patience and several visits to different shop sites in Europe that retail the stamp before I could bring her home. I love this image! While the cards may look a little involved, they were actually very simple, as the challenge states. : )

This images comes out best when stamped on glossy cardstock with archival ink. I only had one small piece left in my stash so I stamped her once on that piece and a couple more times on some photo paper. The latter didn't come out as well plus had some excess ink, but they still looked good. I colored them with re-inkers and a water brush, then sponged around her. I cut out the images and then a mat for each, clipped the corners. The base card is SU! kraft CS, and the card is 5.5" square. I stamped a Crafty Secrets flourish in coordinating color along the top of the base. All the DP is from DCWV Once Upon a Time mat stack. I used a different border punch on each. All the flowers are Prima flowers, except the big blue one. I made that one. The small roses on the green and maroon card were white, but I spritzed and dipped them in Glimmer Mist. Different leaf punches for each, and some quilled curly-ques. I added a tiny flower on the maroon card with Stickled center, to cover a blub I couldn't correct. Probably didn't need to say that. : ) Anywho...these are my cards for Sharon's two challenges.


Stamps: Stempelglede Maribel, Crafty Secrets Flourishes.
Paper: SU! Kraft CS, DCWV Once Upon a Time, glossy CS and photo paper.
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink, re-inkers and Distress Ink.
Accessories: Corner punch, Martha Stewart/EK/L-Em leaf punches, Prima flowers, Stickles, Glimmer Mist, pear and daisy punches for home-made blue flower, quilling paper and tool.

15 comments:

Barbara said...

Woo hoo! I'm so glad you are back! These are gorgeous cards. I love how you do vintage.

Hugs,
Barb

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wowzers, these are gorgeous! They really are beautiful. You do such gorgeous work. So glad to be seeing it again.

stampinfrog said...

This stamp is gorgeous! So elegant!Love all 3 cards and fabulous papers!
Hugs,Connie

America said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! These are incredible! I LOVE what you did with the color schemes and floral treatments. GREAT JOB!! WOW!!!!! :)

Yvonne Hagane said...

Oh Nancy, your vintage cards are so beautiful!! How fun to see Maribel here on your blog...you know she`s Norwegian like me...only I`m not that pretty...LOL! Beautiful work!

Stacy Morgan said...

These are GORGEOUS... Very vintage indeed! Love them in each color too.

nessy said...

what amazing vintage cards ~beautifully made ~can see why you loved this image ~simply gorgeous!
vanessa xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Very BEAUTIFUL.

6 wacky women said...

Hi Nancy
Glad to see you back!!
Your cards are gorgeous, love the vintage look, beautiful colours.

Karen x

Darlene said...

WOW ... hello & Welcome Back!!! These creations are absolutely beautiful ... love that image!! Can't wait to see more of your always adorable work! HUGS!!

Shirley said...

Oh my gosh, all 3 are lovely. The stamp was worth the shopping too! I could pick a favorite!

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous. You are crazy talented!!

Rena Sawatski said...

These three cards are absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful stamp, I am assuming that the company that makes it is dutch?

Unknown said...

These cards are stunning x Leigh x

Debbi said...

That Maribel stamp is SO pretty. Gorgeous what you've done with her!
*smiles*
debbi