I had scheduled a couple of posts that were supposed to go up while I was gone to Houston over the weekend. Or so I thought. When I realized that they hadn't posted, I thought maybe there was a problem with Blogger. Before I sent a message, I looked over few things and found out it was a PEBKAC error. I hate those. PEBKAC error = Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair. In other words...I goofed. So here is one of the posts that was supposed to post while I was gone. Grrrr... The other I have scheduled to post tomorrow, to see if I corrected that PEBKAC error. : )
While my daughter was home for spring break, she and I went to a concert at the Austin Rodeo. Before it started we were wandering around the vendor booths, bought some silly hats (and I will wear mine when we go tubing this summer!) and some pretty rings. We came to one booth that had some beautiful plaques done in sort of shabby chic. Shelbie looked at one she liked, but when she saw the price she was shocked. So was I! The lady was selling these plaques for $40-60. I told Shelbie I would make her one, and this is what I came up with. It was fun to play with different stuff. I think she'll like it. The picture on the left is a bit washed out from the flash, but you see the overall shot. The smaller one below is more true to color.
I got the pine plaque at Hobby Lobby, painted it with acrylic paint. Intentionally cut the DP so it would not match up perfectly. Scruffied that up with an emery board and then used Mod Podge to glue it to the plaque. Used the beautiful Maribel image, stamped with Ranger archival ink and colored with Distress Inks, and cut her out with deckle edge scissors. Made a rough mat with the same scissors and used Distress Ink on it as well. Then glued on various sized paper roses, punched some leaves and added veins with an embossing tool. Added Stickles to the tiny rosebuds before attaching those, then added the butterfly brad after I attacked it with copper Stickles on the wings. The sentiment I printed from my computer, onto plain copy paper that I "aged" by dunking into some water to which I had added a couple drops of Tea Dye Reinker. I tore the edges while it was still wet and then inked them. After it was dry I sprayed it with two different colors of Glimmer Mist. You can see the sheen if you click on the image. I glued on the Spellbinders Doodleparts flourish, added some flat-backed pearls. Used three different ribbons in different colors, one organza and two satins for the hanger, and threaded faceted beads onto the thinnest ribbon. I attached an eye-ring to the bottom center of the plaque and to that attached the filagree medallion. Another eye-ring, some tiny beads and more faceted beads, then an angel charm at the end, and that dangles from the bottom. Sorry so dark. I'm using a different camera and haven't made friends with it yet.