Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Gift For a Friend

This is the gift I made for my friend (about a week or so late) for Rosh Hashanah. I cased this set by Lauren; I thought it would be perfect for my friend. I used the Mazel Tov set from Papertrey Ink for all the stamped images. This is actually a second set I made. A friend saw the original set when she came by to drop some things off and said I had to add apples and honey, which I had left out because I'm shipping this to Miami. My light bulb came on and I realized she is Jewish ... something that had never come up before. A silly grin later and she was walking out the door with the original set, minus that little pizza box which has a set of notecards for the originally intended recipient. : ) So I got another bottle of wine, made another set, and included apples and honey this time. There is also a candle in there (right in front of the box). Will wrap this in some shrink wrap and off it goes to Miami!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Mazel Tov. Flourishes and JustRite (below).
Paper: The Paper Studio CS, Making Memories silver CS.
Ink: Stazon, Colorbox Queues.
Accessories: Nestabilities, rhinestones, dimensionals, border punch, wine.

Before I forget...here is one of the notecards that I made that is inside the pizza box. You can see a closeup of the pizza box in yesterday's post. I made 8 cards and envelopes, and they all fit in there nicely, even with the dimensionals popping up the monogrammed circle. Used Flourishes Damask background and cut out with square scalloped Nesties. Then stamped the monogram with JustRite stamper, cut that out with circle Nestabilities and popped it up on dimensionals. Added the little rhinestone blingage between her initials to match those on the box. :)

2 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh all of this is AMAZING! You did a wonderful jhob and Im certain your friend will be over the moon!! Happy you were inspired. Gives me warm fuzzies :D

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful set and wonderful adaptation of Lauren's!