Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Color Challenged Tag

Here's my next tag for Joan's weekly tag challenge.  My order from Joan arrived yesterday, and included this gorgeous die, so and I decided to use that as the base for my tag.  Our Creative Corner is having a color challenge, to use an analogous color scheme.  I searched the web for a color wheel with more colors then went with the paler hues.  I cut the base from an old greeting card (has some shimmer), embossed and used a Copic marker to stencil the embossed areas while still in the die.  The lady silhouette is from a Marianne D die.  I made the flowers, they look so pretty IRL.  I highlighted/edged them with a Copic marker then sprayed the layers with Glimmer Mist before assembling them.  They have a pretty shimmer.  Leaves are Martha Stewart punch.  Strung some beads on some eyepins and attached behind the flower.  The picture is not the greatest, I seem to have issues with lighting that I can't overcome.

Challenges:
Joan's Weekly Tag Challenge
Our Creative Corner - Analogous color scheme

Stamps:  None.
Paper:  The Paper Studio, sacrificed greeting card.
Ink:  Copic markers
Accessories:  Heartfelt Creations Decorative Window Scene Die, homemade flowers, Marianne D die, pearl, beads, MS leaf punch, Stickles.

8 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Oh Nancy this is gorgeous.
I love the colors and what a great idea to make your tag using the Window die. Love it!!

Thanks again for joining us in Joan's Gardens #4 Weekly Challenge. I can't wait to see all the tags.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Anonymous said...

Wow Nancy!! This is totally gorgeous sweetie!! I Love your pretty design and elements here!!HUGS

6 wacky women said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Nancy
Such beautiful details!!

Karen x

Selma said...

This is stunning. What a creative way to use the Heartfelt Creations die. Thanks for joining us in the Joan's Gardens Tag Challenge.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

So pretty, and clever of you to re-use an old greeting card base! Thanks for joining us at OCC!

Glenda said...

Nothing like recycling! Love your tag and the way you used the Heartfelt Creations die!

Lana said...

Wow Nancy I love this tag what an absolute beauty!!!

Darlene said...

Adorable and so unique! Fabulous Job my friend!!