Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fell in Love...with Whiff of Joy...

I absolutely fell in love with Whiff of Joy stamps the first time I saw them, especially Melinda and Willow. I finally jumped in and got some.
This is my first card I did last night using Willow with Hot Chocolate. I colored Willow with my new Prisma pencils I got on Evilbay for so much less than anywhere else I found in stores or online. Her blue "aura" was done with chalks. Cut the main image and mat out with Nestibilities, embossed the main image, inked the edges a bit, and matted it on the brown. The base card is Paper Studio CS from Hobby Lobby. The two DP layers are from Hot off the Press; cut the circular one with my Coluzzle. I put the ribbon on (Michael's $1 bin), then attached Willow with dimensionals. Put the Dew Drops on the circle, then stamped the sentiment from the SU! Garden Collage set. Set it up and looked at it and it just seemed off balance. I was tired so went to bed, then this morning I started going through my Cuttlebug dies and thought these flowers would be perfect. Picked out three colored papers to go with the rest of the card, cut them with the CB and then swapped the different parts of the flowers and put them back together. Attached all with dimensionals and then put Tiara Stickles in their centers. That was it...balance. I love it!
Stamps: Whiff of Joy, Stampin Up!
Paper: Paper Studio CS, Hot Off the Press.
Ink: Colorbox Queues.
Accessories: Dew Drops, Cuttlebug, Stickles, Nestabilities, ribbon, dimensionals, Coluzzle, Pebbles Inc chalks.

5 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is so darling!!! That image is wonderful!!! Love your flowers and entire design -- great card -- TFS!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

ohhh... love the soft colors... such a warm feeling, curl up with a cup ...

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! Love the soft colors :)

Aija said...

So beautiful card. Beautiful colours and love those nice flowers :)

Bev said...

Oh my word, this is exquisite! Love the fabulous colour combo - stunning!

hugs Bev x