Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Brother!!


Here are a couple of cards I made for my brother. I made
them both and left the inside blank so my mom could pick one to give him and then the other would be from me.

This first one I pretty much completely cased from Jerri. I found it a while back in her gallery. Stamped and cut apart the lighthouse image, sponged the edges and attached to same color as base paper. Stamped the sentiment from Lexicon of Love, sponged and mounted on same base color. The background is French Flair; like that windswept look, but made sure not to ink up the birds so they wouldn't come out on here. Sponged the edges, and then attached everything to the base card, added the brads and some raffia.

Stamps: SU! Lighthouse and Lexicon of Love, French Flair
Paper: Paper Studio CS.
Ink: Color Box.
Accessories: Raffia, brads.



Here is the other card. I also cased this one, but can't remember who (sorry). My little brain couldn't seem to come up with anything masculine on its own. : ) This is simply background cardstock stamped with a journaling image I got at Target. Then a layer with three strips of torn paper edged with gold Deco marker and then the whole square edged too. Attached the eyelets and strung thin gold cording along one side. Celebrate was stamped and embossed in gold on a strip of blue CS, then the strip edged with the Deco marker and attached to the background. Added the curly hardware and voila`.

Stamps: Unknown set from Target, SU Wonderful Words.
Paper: Paper Studio CS, My Minds Eye DP.
Ink: Color Box.
Accessories: Eyelets, cording, embossing powder, Deco marker, hardware

1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

Great masculine cards. Those are hard for me and I have 4 I need to make this next week for birthdays in my family. Great ideas!

Joan