Saturday, February 21, 2009

Christmas COTW #8

I almost forgot to do my Christmas card this week for my personal challenge. I love the angel in this SU! set, she's so pretty. I used scraps from my Cosmo Cricket Wonderland pad. Embossed the angel and sentiment with gold EP, then cut out the angel with rectangle Nestabilities. A couple branches done with MS branch punch. Can you guess what that embellishment is? Hint...it's been sitting on my desk since I stepped on it and said un-nice things at Christmas. It's the top to a glass ormanent. I tried to straighten it out but then just flattened it and thought it would be a cool embellishment to stick on something. Added the big pearl brad from Michael's bridal dept.

Stamps: SU! On Angel Wings.
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Wonderland, SU! base CS.
Ink: Versamark.
Accessories: Gold EP, Martha Stewart branch punch, pearl brad, Ornament cap I found with my foot.

6 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

I have this SU set and I love it! tfs this!! Funny about the ornament type embellie! ..sorry..but look at this gorgeous card that came out of it!! ha ha haha

Anonymous said...

What a really awesome creation!! Sometimes I personally challenge myself as well!! Really helps sometimes when I want to use something up!! ;) TFS!!

Cindy Haffner said...

wow so pretty.

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Nancy.
Love the angel and the colors are beautiful.
I have left something on my blog for you.

Karen x

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty, the angel looks shiny, is that the "gold EP"? Like how this looks old fashioned with the colors and the paper. Nice touch with the ornament topper. That made me laugh - not your pain, but picturing the scene when it happened. :)
Do you do Hanukkah cards? I'll e-mail you.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This is gorgeous, Nancy. We did a technique like that yesterday in the Flourishes class using a gold bell that we flattened between two acrylic blocks and used on top of ribbon. It's really so pretty. You're so clever. Can't wait to show you what we've done, although we used some new sets that can't be shown until release date, so can't show you just yet. Wish you were here taking the class.