Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A MOJO73 Birthday

I have a very good friend I went to chiropractic college with many years ago, and yesterday was his birthday. Oops, slipped past me. He and his wife moved back to their home in Toronto, Canada and he finished chiro college up there. We take turns calling each other every month, and his wife and I heckle each other on MSN couple times a week. :) I had a hard time making a masculine card that I was happy with. I really like this week's Mojo Monday sketch, just not sure I'm jazzed with this card for a guy, but he's getting it anyway. :) I used DCWV mat pack for all DP; gray CS is Paper Studio. Stamped the image with Colorbox Queues, and inked edges of all layers. Ovals cut with Nestabilities, as was the tag. Sentiment is rub-ons. Yummy ribbon I scavenged from packaging from a Christmas gift. Can't remember who made that brad. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HOWIE!!

Stamps: Prima Mktg My Rose set.
Paper: DCWV Far East Mat Stack, The Paper Studio CS.
Ink: Colorbox Queues.
Accessories: Nestabilities, ribbon, brad, rub-ons, SU! slot punch.

9 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Morning nancy,
You are really getting some beautiful subtle papers. Love your jazzy brad. I know what you mean about masculine cards...I always have a hard time making one for my sons friends. Have a beautiful day. Hopefully you all did not get the bad storms we had last night. chris

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

What a gorgeous card, Nancy! It's beautiful! I took notice that you went to Chiropractic College. So did my husband, although he went to the "dark side" and became an MD after practicing Chiropractic for a few years. (There was a charlotan ((SP??)) in the town he was practicing in that ruined it for him.) Would love to know where you went to school, but we can continue this through e-mail. Happy Birthday to your friend. Is his birthday today, 'cause today is mine as well. I'm off to a hectic start, but I'm thankful for the many years God has blessed me with.

Sue said...

Lovely card, great stamp lovely papers, sue.x

Barbara said...

Nancy, this is a wonderful masculine card! I have to giggle when I see your paper choices --- not in a bad way at all, but I usually have the same papers! Now you have inspired me how to use the Far East mat stack. I love the paper but haven't used much yet.

Hugs --- and continued good health!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nancy! This card is great. How will love it - mostly because it's from you. I think you could make something out of a phone book page and he would love it. Thanks for pointing me to your blog. I'll be back to heckle you on here as well as on MSN!
Love you!
Elyse

Darlene said...

This is an awesome guy card Nancy! What a cool layout ... great card!!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous masculine card, Nancy.
I love the layout and the papers are perfect.

Karen x

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous creation!! Love your design!! TFS!

Shirley said...

What a great piece of art, Nancy! I love the BG behind the bird, the faux linen BG behind it(perfect color), the ribbon and brad are just perfect too, and the last back ground is the perfect pick again! Your choices of color combos is terrific and it is a beautiful male card for your ex-classmate! I am sure he loves it.