Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Alicia

A little side-step from Christmas stuff. Today is my niece's birthday and these are a couple cards I made. She's 19 today, but she loves Anime , pinks/purples, and fairies, so that's why these cards. This first one is going to be for my daughter to give her. They are best buddies and have been since they were itty bitty. Both actually love Anime, I even took them and my son to an Anime convention in Dallas five years ago and they had such a great time. This image reminded me of the girls, so I had to have this set. I stamped it with Stazon, colored with Prismacolors. I cut it out with a square Nesties, inked the edges. Then scalloped Nesties used for the matt. The background paper and the matt are from Black Market. Stamped the sentiment directly onto the DP, added flower rhinestones. Used some new Milled Lavender Stickles on the scallops. Since my daughter is in college in Vermont, I her to write a message, sign it, scan it and e-mail it to me. I then printed it out and put it inside the card. That way it was actually her writing and not just something I printed.

Stamps: Best Friends fron Gina K., Stampendous Happy Messages.
Paper: The Paper Studio CS, Black Market Let it Bloom DP.
Ink: Stazon, Colorbox Queues.
Accessories: Nestabilities, Prismacolor pencils/baby oil, Stickles, rhinestones.

This is the card I'm giving her. Background and colored DP are Basic Grey Two Scoops. Inkadinkado fairy was stamped with Versamark and embossed with silver EP. Colored her with Prismacolors, then I did sparkly chalks all around the image with colors to pick up the background, and inked the edge. Once I attached her to the card, I stamped and embossed another fairy trail going across the papers. Added Icicle Stickles to some of the trail and it looks holographic when the card is moved, though can't see it in the pic. Sentiment is from MFT, inked edges. Added rhinestone flowers, and Icicle Stickles to two of the rounded corners.

Stamps: Inkadinkado Beautiful Fairies, MFT Time For Bubbly.
Paper: The Paper Studio, Basic Grey Two Scoops.
Ink: Versamark, Colorbox Queues.
Accessories: Silver EP, rhinestones, corner rounder, Stickles.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

I love both cards and your niece wll, too, I'm sure! And what a great idea to have your daughter email a scanned message. Doncha just love electronics! I tried working with the Prismacolors last night and realized I bought the very fine tips so these are good for small places and tiny stamps. I think I will like them, but will have to work with them later when I have more time to experiment. Crunch time for cards right now!

Luv'n'hugs

Carolyn Bounds said...

Your niece is going to love and cherish these heartfelt beauties!!! I love the softness of each card; and as always, your coloring is fabulous!!! I hope your weekend is going wonderfully!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Janine said...

Your niece will love them!!!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous cards, Nancy.
Fab coloring and the papers are so pretty.
Have a great day

Karen x

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

These cards are great, Nancy! Your niece is going to love them. Your images are super and your papers were a great choice. The fairy is one I almost picked up for my granddaughter. I'll have to see if I can still get it. It would be perfect for her. Great job on these cards! :)

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful cards....love your coloring on that first one and teh soft colors of the second!!!