Friday, November 7, 2008

Some Cheese To Go With the Whine???

Boy have I had my days mixed up this week, kept thinking Tuesday was Monday, etc. Finally have it straight, I think. Hasn't been one of my better weeks. Was supposed to start 3rd round of chemo couple weeks ago but postposted when I lost my job. Well, not really...was just put on indefinite "I dunno how long" status. Didn't need the physical on top of emotional stress. Started another job this past Monday, so relaxed and started the chemo Tuesday. Bleh. Roller coaster of up and down emotions...don't want to do this, don't like this, my face is over the commode again, can I get through this, how much hair will I lose this time, why is the cat staring at me that way...

As far as paper goods this week, I've been working on 200 invitations for my son's JROTC Military Ball coming up in December. I had made them last year as well and must have done an okay job because they asked me to do it again. The Military Ball is like a prom for the JROTC cadets. They guys dress in their Class B uniforms, the girls in formals. There is a traditional Army Dining In ceremony, the grog bowl, then a dance. It's very nice. This will be my 5th year to chaperone. So here's the invitation. Burgundy CS (there is it again, see previous post), run through with CB D'Vine Swirls. Black Nestabilities oval stamped and gold embossed with numbers I cut from craft foam using CB dies and mounted to use as a stamp. Gold vellum for the theme cut with decorative scissors. My friend Deborah came over and helped me with these this week. She cut out some ovals, did some of the CB embossing, and cut the cord for the tassel and tied knots. Once we got all the pieces cut, embossed, etc., became more of an assembly line type process and went pretty quickly. The inside has the info printed on white opaque vellum, then tied with the cord. Pretty simple stuff...just a lot of it.

Stamps: Homemade numbers from CB die.
Paper: CS and vellum from The Paper Studio.
Ink: Laser printer.
Accessories: Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, embossing powder, cording, decorative scissors.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

These are lovely! They should be very pleased with them and will make great keepsakes of the event.

Carolyn Bounds said...

How lovely!!!! It is no wonder they wanted you to make the invitations again this year. These are fabulous!!! Also, there is no such thing as easy when you have 200 to make:o)

I am praying for you my friend!!!

BIG {{{HUGS}}} comin' at you!!!

Love,
Carolyn

Cindy Haffner said...

Sso lovely, aawesome job.

Susan (rainy) said...

The invitation is beautiful!

{{hugs}} to you...

Barbara said...

Nancy, I have something for you at my blog !

Janine said...

These are fabulous!! And I like your new picture!!
Have a great day!

Becky G said...

These are going to be fabulous! No wonder they asked you to do them again.

I am adding you to my prayer list and praying you will suffer little or no side affects from the chemo.

Hugs to you,
Becky

Curt in Indy said...

I'm really so sorry you are going through so much! I admire you and your strenght for going on and doing the things you love to do. You, to me, are remarkable! Sending only good thoughts your way! Best, Curt