Friday, November 14, 2008

SSNOTIME - Fun Folds!!

Sharon's challenge this week is to do a card with fun folds. Anything but the ordinary, everyday side or top opening. This one is a triangular trifold. Was super easy, which is what I needed after this week feeling pretty yuck. Chose lavender CS for my base. I have no idea who made the DP. I just looooove it and have been holding onto it because I can't remember where I got it and didn't want to use it all up. Finally broke into it. I used the new Labels Two die to cut the center piece. It is actually a paint chip from Lowe's, just the right size for this die. :) Has a bit of a metallic sheen. I didn't really feel like doing any stamping (I know...*~gasp!~*), so did some rummaging and came up with this metal medallion I got in the jewelry section at Hobby Lobby. Poifect. Added those antique brass photo anchors with matching brads, because I didn't have any ribbon that could do that focal piece justice. :)


Here it is open. It's a really simple design. Instructions can be found on Scor-Pal site.

Stamps: None
Paper: SU! cardstock, ?? DS, paint chip.
Ink: None.
Accessories: Scor-Pal, Nestabilities, jewelry finding, photo anchors, brads

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Very clever! I like the colors, too! I have a drawer full of paint chips left over from moving into this house last year. They are very handy for cardmaking.

Carolyn Bounds said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I can see why you love that paper...I love it too, and the medallion is exquisite!!! Another beautiful creation!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Janine said...

Nancy this is fabulous.... You said you couldn't figure mine out. The skinnier piece is attached to the bottom of the wider piece. It closes like a book and the other piece folds down on top of it.
Hope that makes sense..

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is a SUPER fold and a FUN card!!! I love your use of hardware and your pretty colors and DP!!! GREAT PROJECT!!! So glad you could play -- thanks much!!!

6 wacky women said...

Beautiful card, Nancy. I love all the little details and the papers.
Take care
Karen

C said...

Beautiful...even looks like something Sharon would create. Great job!!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This is great, Nancy....I love it! How clever...a paint chip, and a jewelry medallion! It's beautiful. I'll have to check out the details at Scor-Pal. I can see why you like the paper.