Friday, February 25, 2011

A Simply Sentimental Card

This week's JustRite Friday challenge is direct to rubber.   I used Marvy markers on the sentiment, brown and burgundy intermingled on the stamp.  I don't have any of the new frilly JR border stamps yet, so I used the marker to ink the corner from one of the square borders of the Hope set and stamped each corner individually.  Colored some tiny rhinestones with Copic marker to match.  The OCC challenge is to get wordy...use a sentiment stamp to make the background or a layer.  I used a SU! word for the layer behind the sentiment panel.  I followed the sketch at Craft Your Days Away, and cut the card shape using Grand Labels One.  The little tea-time charms are from my stash. 

Challenges:
JustRite Friday Challenge - Direct to rubber.
Our Creative Corner - Get Wordy
Craft Your Days Away - Sketch.
One Stitch At a Time - Anything but square.

Stamps:  JustRite Friendship Nested Sentiments, and Hope Set, SU Warm Words.
Paper:  MME, CS scraps.
Ink:  Colorbox queues for edges, Marvy markers for stamps.
Accessories:  Spellbinders Labels Eight and Grand Labels One, rhinestones, Copics, charms.

9 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Beautiful work - love the vintage feel to it. Super job on using the square border stamp for the the corners. I have that set and was wondering if that is what you did. I like the way it looks - will have to give it a try - thanks for the inspiration! Wonderful job on the Get Wordy challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Doreen said...

I love this the distressing and the charms.Thanks for sharing this with us at CYDA.xxx

Unknown said...

Nancy this is beautiful. I love the layering of the labels and the corner accents.

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you so much for playing with us at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya.

Jayne said...

Really pretty Nancy, love the shape and the charms. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT.

Sarah Gough said...

love the shape to this card! Thanks for 'Getting Wordy!' with Our Creative Corner this week!

Sharon Wheet said...

Nancy, I'm glad you joined us for another challenge over @ OCC! And I love your card. Its so pretty and the metal trinkets are the perfect touch! Thank you for playing, and I really like seeing your work!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Nancy! Love how you framed the lovely sentiment!

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing in JustRite's challenge!