Wednesday, August 27, 2008

...And Some More Thanks

Three more of the thank you cards I made for my daughter....

This card is a 5x5 size, textured cardstock from Paper Studio.
The medallion is made using tea bag folding technique. I printed this pattern from this site. It's so can choose from tons of gorgeous patterns, select the size and shape of the tiles, and print it right off your computer. If you choose the layout without cutting lines, these would make wonderful background papers!!!! Anyway, once these tiles were folded, I punched the tips of 8 of them with a Fiskars corner punch to give it a pretty edge. I took the next 8 and cut the end decoration off and then snipped around the flower pattern to give it a different shape. These folded pieces were then glued in layers to a circle of cardstock. You can't see it in the picture, but I put fairy dust glitter on the tips of the first layer. Added the rhinestone in the center. Once the medallion was attached to the background, the card needed a little more something, so I added the silver outline stickers.

Stamps: None.
Paper: Paper Studio CS, computer generated DP for tea bag tiles.
Ink: None.
Accessories: Outline stickers, rhinestone, glitter, Fiskars corner punch.

Here is another card from the Inkadinkado projects. I used Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl folder to emboss the card, then chalked the raised parts. The linen-look DP was from that pad that I don't now the name of. I stamped it with the Inkadinkado Elegant Hat stamp, colored the ribbon and flower and her lips with watercolor pencils. That was attached to a piece of ivory CS with inked edges and then to the background.

Added two layers of the shear peach ribbon. I put some glue on the brads and dipped them into fairy dust glitter, so they have a pretty sheen when the card is moved.

Stamps: Inkadinkado.
Paper: {aper Studio CS.
Ink: Colorbox Queue.
Accessories: Cuttlebug, chalks, watercolor pencils, ribbon, brads, glitter.

This last one started with gray textured CS. I stamped a white piece with French Script stamp in then pounced the same color ink across the strip and attached it to the card. I used Marvy Le Plume II markers to ink up the stamp from Prima Mktg, then tapped it once on a scrap to lighten it up and then stamped it onto cream CS. Inked the edge with the yellow Colorbox Queue (don't remember which color exactly, I have tons of these). Put that layer on a lavender layer, and then another inked cream one, and then finally put all that on the card. Added clear Dew Drops in one corner.

Stamps: Prima Mktg, Hero Arts.
Paper: Paper Studio CS.
Ink: Colorbox Queues, Marvy Le Plume II markers.
Accessories: Dew Drops.

No comments: