Saturday, August 23, 2008

Series of Grad Cards


I made four graduation cards for my niece and my daughter...one for each from my mom and then from me. I'll be posting those over the next several days.

I got this card idea from a book I have. It took two pieces of cardstock glued together in the center, window was cut out, then the card was scored and folded. The center panel was scored and folded in opposite directions and put together on the main card via slits. The side panels were decorated with DP and have strips with stamping on them. The little panels with the photos are held down with a photo tab and flip open to reveal a sentiment inside each one.

Again I used Clearly Wordsworth graduation set. I also used an Inkadinkado stamp and a damask stamp from The Paper
Studio. The small letters for her name were a Scraparatus font cut with my Cuttlebug. The striped paper is from an unknown company. The other background DP is from My Minds Eye.

Once folded this card was pretty thick, so I made this coordinating slide-out matchbox to put it in. This card was completed with folding, stamping and paper piecing. It was much easier to make than I thought it would be.

Stamps: Clearly Wordsworth, Inkadinkado, The Paper Studio.
Paper: Unknown striped cardstock. Paper Studio CS and My Minds Eye DP.
Ink: Colorbox Queues,
Accessories: Stickers, Cuttlebug, Scraparatus.

No comments: