Monday, August 25, 2008

One For My Daughter

Here is the "card" I made for my mom to give my daughter for graduation. It's called a Scor-Pal flip-flop book.


I did not have any chipboard, so I cut the covers from manila folders and covered those. I like that they aren't so thick but they are still firm enough not to bend easily. The DP is from My Minds Eye from Hobby Lobby. My truck seems to be on auto pilot anytime I get within a mile of that store and before I know it I am in their parking lot. HA! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. : ) I used a grosgrain ribbon for closure. The cover sentiment was embossed with clear powder on white ink.

Here is the inside of the book. You can tell the Hamptom Arts graduation set was pretty popular recently. Each of the words was embossed with clear powder. Added floral border stamp from Hero Arts. My daughter loves dragonflies and wildflowers, so I stamped those images on the panels with her "through the years" pictures. Isn't she a doll?! : ) Though it can't be seen, the other side of each of these panels has a nice sentiment on it. Inside the front cover also has a green butterfly stamped and embossed, and the inside the back cover is where my mom wrote a sweet message to her granddaughter.

Stamps: Inkadinkado, Hampton Arts, Hero Arts.
Paper: Manilla folder, My Minds Eye DP, Paper Studio CS.
Ink: Colorbox Queues, Staz-On.
Accessories: Ribbon, photos, embossing powder, Scor-Pal.

No comments: