Thursday, August 21, 2008

One of My First Cards...A While Back

This was for my sis-in-law when she got a job promotion. I have no idea what paper this is, but it came in an 8x8 pad along with a matching album. The album I didn't want so I gave it to a friend and I dove into the paper. : ) This was also back before I had any Nesties, so that scalloped oval frame was hand cut and the window I cut with a Colluzle. Same with the inside oval frame; I put that there to sandwich the acetate "window" between it and the main cardstock and to hide the edge. It's definitely not perfect, but it turned out okay.
I like pinks and grays together, so used gray as the base and covered the front with this pink stripe. I thought this Fluffles stamp was just perfect. I stamped him on white cardstock, colored him with pencils and cut him out separately from the hat. I glued the hat to the front of the window and then stuck on some Cuttlebug flowers and added beads to the center of each. The corner filigree and "base" below the window are also from a Cuttlebug die set. The base is actually an inside part from the filligree. How's that for not wasting anything? (*grin*). Congratulations was cut using a Scraparatus die in my Cuttlebug. The "my hat's..." sentiment on the stamp would have had too much of an arch, so instead I attempted to write it as neatly as I could, but my pen was being moody so it did not come out perfectly.


Open the card...and there is Fluffles in the box! For the celebration on the inside I wanted to make it look like the balloon and stuff flew out of the box when the card was opened. The little balloons are Scraparatus dies, the stars and confetti are from a punch that a friend gave me, there is no name on it. I did the balloons in vellum so they would have somewhat of an opaque ballooney look, and popped them up on dimensionals, drew in their strings.


Stamps: Fluffles by Stampendous.
Paper: Unknown cardstock, vellum
Ink: Colorbox, pencils.
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Scraparatus, acetate, beads

No comments: