Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Flippin Graduation Card

I made this card for my niece for graduation. I found it in the projects section of the Inkadinkado website. They call it a flip card. Basically four rectangles scored, strategically glued together, and then decorated. When finished it folds and unfolds in different directions, revealing a new "face" each time. Almost like four different cards in one. The main techniques used were stamping, embossing, and paper piecing. Then bling added throughout. Have to have blingage! :) The front main images were stamped with clear embossing ink on plain white cardstock and embossed with clear powder. Then the background color was sponged over the whole piece and ink wiped off the embossed part. That piece was then attached to another background with Corner Adorners (love those, have a whole bunch of them!). The words and grad caps were stamped with colored ink and embossed with clear powder. Her name I cut from a Scraparatus die using my Cuttlebug.
I used stamps from three different Inkadinkado sets as well as Hampton Art's graduation set. Oh, and a flourish stamp from a set I got at Target. The little trailing butterflies below were cut with my Cricut from plain white cardstock and then a thick layer of metallic ink was sponged on them.
On the last page is a little envelope I made from fuschia vellum, and that is where I put her gift...moola! The sentiment was printed off my computer. I also used outline stickers on different parts of the card.
It ended up being a 6 x 6 card, so rather than try to make an envelope, I wrapped it in pretty tissue paper and tied it with raffia. This card was so much fun to make!

Stamps: Inkadinkado, Hampton Arts, unknown set from Target.
Paper: Paper Studio CS, My Minds Eye DP, vellum.
Ink: Colorbox Queues and Petal Point metallic.
Accessories: Embossing powder, Scor-Pal, Cuttlebug, Scraparatus, rhinestone bling, outline stickers, Cricut, Corner Adorner.

No comments: