Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thank You's

My daughter asked me to make the thank you cards for her to send out after she started getting graduation gifts. Had no idea what I was getting myself into, but boy did I have fun! It started one by one, and each one was different. I ended up making 43 cards when all was said and done, all of them different. I will only torture you with six. : )

This one is a gate fold card I found on Scor-Pal's website. Scored and folded the base cardstock. The panels are covered with strips from DCWV Far East Mat Stack. I found a Paper Studio punch that can do either straight or this round border depending on how you situate the plunger on the base. It was very $$$, but I found it on the clearance wall at Hobby Lobby for $3.95...because the package was open. MINE! I was playing with this piece of glossy scrap paper and liked the way it turned out so attacked it by sponging on some ink, then stamped the Inkadinkado bird and chose the sentiment from a Stampin Up! set. Added the outline stickers then rhinestones in the center of the flowers. Also put rhinestones in the corners, and a couple of blingy flowers on the medallion.

Stamps: Inkadinkado, Stampin Up!
Paper: DCWV Far East, Paper Studio CS, glossy paper.
Ink: Colorbox Queues.
Accessories: Fiskars punch, outline stickers, rhinestone bling.


This card was soooo simple and I think turned out very, very pretty. I used black textured cardstock for the base. Used a Prima Mktg medallion stamp with gold metallic ink and stamped repeatedly for a neat background pattern. Cut the DP in a nice curve and attached it, then stitched the edge. Okay, that pretty paper is actually some old wrapping paper. I couldn't resist.

For the sentiment piece, I cut out a little rectangle and embossed the edge with gold embossing powder. I used the same stamp again and lightly tamped it across the rectangle, then stamped the sentiment in black ink. Took all of ten minutes to make this one, but I sure like it!

Stamps: Prima Mktg.
Paper: Cardstock from Paper Studio, old wrapping paper. ; )
Ink: Colorbox metallic and Queues.
Accessories: Stitching.

This one, uh...started out with a completely different image in my mind, but ended up with this. Oh well, happens. This one opens from the top. Started with gray CS and attached the plaid DP. I attached the strip of yellowish-green CS after inking the edge, and also a square flap of the same CS to the top. I didn't like the square, so I rounded it off. Boring. Out came the corner rounder punch and I scalloped the edge with that then used my tiny hole punch to make the holes. Inked the edge and...much better. I cut and embossed a piece of pale green with Cuttlebug's new Disney Rose Frame, pounced it with a darker green Colorbox Queue. Cut a circle of cream CS, sponged it a bit and then stamped the sentiment from an Inkadinado set, then attached it to the background and then the frame on top. Finally, used an Inkadinkado scroll on the flap. I attached a little velcro circle under the flap to keep it closed.

Stamps: Inkadinkado.
Paper: Paper Studio CS and My Minds Eye DP.
Ink: Colorbox Queues.
Accessories: Cuttlebug, corner rounder, hole punch.

No comments: