Friday, August 22, 2008

A Couple of Invitations

A close friend of mine was giving a lingerie shower for her niece last year and asked me to make the invitations. This stamp came to mind immediately; it is called "Beaded Bodice". I masked the skirt part so it would look like a corset, stamped it with black ink onto red CS, embossed it with black powder, and cut it out. I glued on some beads and the ribbon "garters", then popped it up on some dimensionals between the computer generated words. Added some outline stickers for a little more glitz. It looks pretty flat in this pic, but IRL it looks very nice. Kept the background simple so as not to detract from the main image.

Stamps: Stampendous.

Paper: Christmas Red CS.
Ink: Colorbox Black.
Accessories: Embossing pwdr, Outline Stickers, ribbon, beads.

This invitation is one I volunteered to make for my kids' high school JROTC Military Ball last December. I did these in several sessions, as it takes a while to make 250 invitations! Coincidentally used the same red CS as above, ran it through my Cuttlebug in the D'vine Swirls folder. The "masquerade" banner was printed onto some gray mottled stationary paper I got from Office Depot and then cut with deckle edge scissors. The scroll element was from black CS with Cuttlebug Curls & Swirls set. It was the 40th Annual Military Ball, and since at the time I did not have any stamps with numbers, I used Cuttlebug Baby Face font to cut out the 4 and 0 from some craft foam, attached those to a small acrylic block and stamped and embossed the 40 with silver powder. The inside information was printed onto vellum. I then punched a small hole with my Scraparatus and inserted the thin cording after tying the ends in a knot to make a small tassel. Gave it a formal look. The 1SG liked them . . . I get to do the invites again this year! : )

Stamps: Numbers made from Cuttlebug font set.
Paper: Christmas Red CS, Black CS, stationary paper, vellum.
Ink: Clear embossing ink.
Accessories: Cuttlebug, embossing powder, deckle edge scissors, Scraparatus, cording.

No comments: